Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day #46 - Picture #46

My CPAP Machine



As most of you know I have Sleep Apnea. I was diagnosed with this over nine years ago, and opted for the CPAP machine instead of the surgery as they couldn't guarantee that the surgery would cure my particular case, the financial aspects of it, plus my complete fear of it. At that time, I had never had any significant surgeries. So, here I am today, Nine years to the day, and getting ready to start another year tonight with my machine. I've used my machine almost every night since it was given to me. I have to admit, it has done wonders for me. I sleep better, I don't toss and turn, and the snoring has completely stopped! I no longer stop breathing either...which is always a plus! So other than being seen "wearing" the mask, and sometimes waking up with indention lines on my face, I have to admit that the CPAP machine for me was the best decision that I could have made. Sweet Dreams Tammy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, the things we learn.....I didn't know you had sleep apnea. So glad the machine works well for you & what a great part of your life to document!! You go, Girl!