Monday, December 8, 2008

What a morning I've had so far

Well, got up this morning, did my typical routine to get ready for work, got Garrett up, fed, and ready for school....go outside to start the car (27 degrees this morning), and nothing. Dead. Dead as a doornail. Luckily Shawn was still here and was able to take Garrett to school for me. Bad news is, we own "NO" jumper cables, and all my neighbors had already left for work....so while Shawn was taking Garrett to school, I wound up calling work to see if one of the guys could help. And luckily they did. Louis came over and applied the jumper cables. My car started immediately. He did say that my battery light was out too! He's convinced it's the battery. I'll find out for sure this afternoon when I get off work. That's another thing I have to buy on an already tight budget. But then again, if it isn't one thing then it's another.

Also this morning, Garrett had his 2nd nine weeks awards ceremony. They don't give grade awards at this school, only for Perfect Attendance, Terrific Kid, and Accelerated Reading. They even send a note home telling you what award your child will be getting, Garrett got one for accelerated reading. I was able to make it to that on time this morning and see Garrett get his award. And see him too! I had warned him that I might not be able to make it because of my car. But I did and life is good. Here's a quick pic I took of him with his award. The lighting in the cafeteria completely sucks....oh well, at least I got this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wonder if he goes to my friends daughters school. She is around his age, has the same award, and you guys both live int he same city.