Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day #19 - Picture #19

A Day Off



This is where I work, and for the last 10 years that I have been there, we have never had Martin Luther King Jr day off, but this year, that changed. Due to the economic scare/recession, as well as many other factors included, we were given this day off. I am very,very thankful for this holiday today. I was able to spend the day with my son, and with Shawn (who had just gotten home around 1:30am this morning). We spent the day lounging, went to Golden Corral for a really nice lunch, and then home to have our American Idol (catch up) marathon, and just spent some "much needed" quality family time together. Thank you Mr. Bass!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

How cool is that? A new holiday for you. I know a lot of companies that are asking employees to cut their hours. California just announced that they are going to cut the teachers by several days...both of my girls teach in CA.
I had MLK day off, but I've taken it off for years even before it was a wide-spread holiday. I am into the nonviolent peace thing and he and Ghandi are two whom I admire.