Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of Fifth Grade

Well it's offical - Garrett is a fifth grader. I can hardly believe it myself. Lots of changes for him this year! New kid at a new school, changing classes, and riding the bus....breaks this mommas heart. I was able to get a few pictures of him this morning before we took him to school, and then just one (as I wasn't allowed to walk him to class - as he is a 5th grader, and it wouldn't be "cool") as he was getting out of the car. He'll be riding the bus home this afternoon (another first for him) so I'll be outside with the camera. I will admit that I had a tear or two in my eyes this morning as I wanted to be there for him....but like Shawn says, he's ten years old. I truly do hope that he has a great day and his wonderful personality shines through and he'll have some new friends in no time at all.



No comments: