Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day #122 - Picture #122 (Saturday)

South of the Border

Today I decided to take Garrett to the South of the Border (Interstate I-95 on the NC-SC Stateline). We've passed this place numerous times over the years on our way to Florida, or to Myrtle Beach, but have never really stopped other than to use the bathroom or get gas. Today I decided to change that. Shawn and I took Garrett up in the sombrero tower (165 ft high), Garrett was a little fearful at first but then was extremely excited and loved looking down at the world....we had had dogs at the diner, we took pictures of Garrett with just about every single statue of an animal that there was, and even let him ride some of the rides that were open for the season....we all had a blast, and even though South of the Border is such a "cheesy" place, Garrett had fun, and to me, that's all that mattered!

2 comments:

Lance's Project 365 said...

I would have to stop too. How many chances do you get to be in a sombrero-tower. Congrats Garrett, I'm a little jealous.

Sandee said...

Here I am on the other side of the country and I remember driving past that very spot a few times. Hey, who says "cheesy" can't be fun! That is what it's all about.