Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day #270 - September 27, 2009

The Mattress on the Floor

Okay, so yesterday when Garrett and I came home from Applebee's, Shawn had our mattress on the living room floor...Why you ask?? Well, Shawn has some back problems and they are a constant thing for him, as well as the pain, and lately it's been getting worse. We think the bed isn't helping matters, as here lately I've been waking up with lower back pain myself. We're not really sure whether it's the mattress or the box springs or the whole thing....but since beds are expensive, we're going to try a few things first before we make that large purchase! Last night we actually slept on the mattress just as you see it...yep, on the floor and in the living room. I have to admit that I slept well and woke with no back pain, and Shawn slept better too...so last night was the first test....not sure what we're doing tonight though.

The reason for the picture today is this...Garrett has been jumping on the mattress all day and has stuffed the pillows between the sectional and the mattress so he doesn't "hurt himself" he said...Can't help but laugh at him for having some fun....as I'm typing this, he's preparing to lay down on the floor with the covers (ours and all of his) and read another AR book....maybe I'll run take another picture.

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Too precious. And about the back pain, I'm going to be sending you an e-mail! Good to see some updates on y'all! And...happy birthday, Sean!