Friday, October 30, 2009

Arnette Park Haunted Hayride, Trail & House

Every year since I can remember we’ve taken Garrett on the hayride. Even after Richie and I split up we still took him together in 2007. Then last year Shawn and Tyler went with Garrett and I. Last night, we all four went again…kinda like our “own little tradition” now.

There really is no GOOD time to go. The average wait is anywhere from 30mins to an hour, regardless of what time you get there….this year we decided to try and be in the first crowd of people when they opened at seven. So we arrived at 6:20 prepared! Sodas in hand, and Garrett with his DSi and Tyler with his I-touch!! I managed to take a few pictures…you know, of us waiting and all!!





The hayride for some reason seemed to be a let down for me. Still not really sure why. It’s not because I was prepared, because they really do try to change things up every year! It just wasn’t the same for me….the haunted trail was short, and luckily the people either in front of us or behind us got most of the people jumping out at them. And then when we got to the haunted house, we had to wait, and wait, and then wait some more. Apparently they were having technical difficulties last night and kept apologizing for the wait….and the whole time Garrett is being a chicken butt, and complaining that he had to pee, and of course with no bathroom in site….just what I was afraid of, an 8 year old having the piss scared out of him! LOL Sorry if that offended anyone, I just have always wanted to use that!! Luckily he (and me too) made it to the port-a-potty afterwards!!

Once we made it through the house, the smoke inside was pretty bad. We swallowed a bunch of it, got lost inside it a few times (it was like a pitch dark maze inside with smoke/fog all inside), and probably missed over half of it as we kept going out the exit and going back in only to get lost again….and of course Garrett clinging to me to no end….and he’s not even scared. He’s just playing scared….any woo, we did have fun…then home to do homework (which I should have made him do before we left), a late dinner, showers, and bedtime…

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm glad you still had fun with all of the issues you were having :) Also glad you didn't have a pee pee mess to clean up :)

Terri said...

I LOVE your stories!! I hope your scrapping all of these . . .